Mecoflash 1 Mg Tablet 10
Vitamin B12 also known as cyanocobalamin is used to treat vitamin B12deficiency in the people. It is used to treat pernicious anemia. It is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency in the patients with fish tapeworm infestation, malignancy of pancreas or bowel and folic acid deficiency. It is also prescribed to treat vitamin B12and pernicious anemia in the pregnant women, infants and newborn.
How does the drug work?
Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the cell growth, cell reproduction, hematopoiesis, and myelin synthesis. Vitamin B12is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract in the presence of intrinsic factor and calcium ions. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the formation of DNA. It works in conjugation with folic acid and enhances the synthesis of DNA. Vitamin B12 plays a role in the formation of myelin sheath (a protective sheet that surrounds the nerves) and maintains the nerves intact. Vitamin B12 maintains the functions of bone marrow and enhances the production of red blood cells. It also plays a role in the metabolism of vitamin A by enhancing the absorption of carotene (a substance which is converted to vitamin A). It also plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrate, fat and protein. Deficiency of vitamin B12 can decrease the metabolism of folic acid and can lead to folic acid deficiency.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects reported by the patients taking vitamin B12 supplements are: abdominal or stomach pain, bleeding from the gums or nose, bluish discoloration of the lips and fingernails, chest pain, cough, decreased urine output, difficulty in breathing, eye pain, fatigue, and increased heartbeat.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
FAQs :Vitamin B12:
1. What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking vitamin B12 supplements? You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking vitamin B12 supplements.
2. Can vitamin B12 supplements safe for children? Yes, vitamin B12 supplements are safe for children. They are prescribed for the treatment of pernicious anemia and vitamin B12 deficiency in the infants and children.
3. Can I take vitamin B12 supplements during pregnancy? Yes, you can take vitamin B12 supplements during pregnancy as it promotes the growth of red blood cells in the mother and fetus. It also promotes the development of nerves in the fetus. However, consult your physician before taking the medication.
4. Should I undergo any test while taking vitamin B12 supplements? Vitamin B12 supplements may cause hypokalemia in patients with severe vitamin B12 deficiency. So get your electrolyte levels checked regularly.
5. Can I take any other medications along with vitamin B12 supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.