Megapen 125/125 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Amoxicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics which is prescribed during the treatment for bacterial infections. Amoxicillin is of great benefit for tonsil pain relief, treatment for sinus infection, genital and urinary tract infection, teeth and gum infections, respiratory tract infections, and it is a common antibiotic for many bacterial infections. Cloxacillin is used to treat several types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, endocarditis, skin infections, joint infections, sepsis, etc.
How does the drug work?
Amoxicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria, thereby, killing them. Cloxacillin acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis in the bacteria. Thus, it stops the growth of the bacteria.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects associated with amoxicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge. The side effects which are common with cloxacillin are nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, gas, and diarrhea.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is amoxicillin safe for children? Yes, amoxicillin is safe for children when given in the prescribed dose. Amoxicillin dosage for children differs from that of adults.
2. Can I take amoxicillin tablet for a sore throat? Amoxicillin is effective against bacterial infections. Thus, a sore throat which caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin.
3. Does amoxicillin cause constipation? No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does amoxicillin take to work? The time taken for the drug amoxicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does the drug amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Amoxicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections. Cloxacillin
1. Can I take cloxacillin to treat flu? Cloxacillin is not effective against viral infections. So, do not use it for treating flu.
2. What is the adult dose of cloxacillin for infections? The usual dose of cloxacillin to treat infections in adults is about 250-500 mg, to be taken every 6 hours.
3. What if I miss a dose of cloxacillin? Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. But if it is too late, then skip the forgotten dose and take the next dose at its regular time. Do not take two doses at once.
4. Is it safe to use cloxacillin during pregnancy? No. Do not use cloxacillin during pregnancy because it can harm the fetus.
5. How to store cloxacillin medicine? Cloxacillin medicine should be stored at room temperature, away from light, heat and moisture. Keep the medicine out of reach from pets and children.