Meloset 3 Mg Tablet 10
Melatonin is used to treat insomnia (sleeplessness) and other sleeping disorders. It also helps to regulate sleep and wake cycle in the brain. Additionally, melatonin is used to treat jet lag, low blood platelets, and tumors.
How does the drug work?
Melatonin occurs naturally in the brain. The M1 and M2 receptors of melatonin present in the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus are responsible for the sleep and wake rhythms. . Melatonin transduces the photoperiod effect on the neuroendocrine system which normalizes sleep and wake rhythms.
What are the common side effect?
The common reported side effects of melatonin are mood swings, nightmares, decreased blood count, increased bilirubin, dry mouth, fainting, dizziness, drowsiness, chest pain, difficulty in breathing, loss of consciousness, and fatigue.
• Melatonin is available from natural sources such as meat, grain, vegetables, and fruits.
• Adults may take melatonin supplements as suggested by the doctor, do not overdose.
• Meloset should be taken in the morning, as the levels of melatonin decrease during early mornings.
• Children, and pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take Meloset drug without consulting the doctor.
• Meloset medication may cause dizziness and drowsiness. Avoid performing heavy tasks that need alertness.
1. Does melatonin treats infertility? Yes, melatonin is indicated in the treatment for infertility.
2. Does melatonin cause addiction? Melatonin may cause drug addiction. Take melatonin dosage as prescribed by the doctor.
3. Can I consume alcohol while taking Meloset? No, alcohol may increase the risk of Meloset side effects.
4. When to take melatonin medication? Melatonin medication should be taken in the morning to avail maximum benefits.
5. What are the drugs that may interact with melatonin? Sedative medications may interact with melatonin drug.