Memocetam 800 Mg Tablet 10
Piracetam is used with other drugs in the treatment of myoclonus, a brain disorder which causes jerky, twitchy and uncontrolled movements of the muscles of the arms and the legs.
How does the drug work?
Piracetam belongs to a group of drugs called the GABA analogs. It acts on the brain and protects it from oxygen depletion.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of piracetam are stomach discomfort, pain, gas formation, nausea, irritation, headache, sleep disturbance, dizziness, and confusion.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it safe for me to get pregnant while using piracetam? You should not opt for pregnancy while using piracetam but should use contraceptive methods to avoid pregnancy. In the case of becoming pregnant, immediately reach out to a doctor.
2. How much of piracetam medicine should I take? The usual starting dose of piracetam is
7.2 gms per day, to be taken in separate doses.
3. Can I stop taking the piracetam tablets immediately if my condition is normal? Abrupt discontinuation of piracetam can lead to twitching and jerking movements. So avoid it.
4. Is it safe driving after piracetam medication? It is advisable not to drive after taking piracetam due to the chances of dizziness and shakiness which can alter the thinking and reaction.
5. How should I take the piracetam tablets? Swallow the tablets with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew them as it can release the tablet contents at once.