Mfortan D 250 Mg Tablet 10
Dicyclomine is used to cure abdominal pain, irritation in the bowel and pain related to intestinal disorders. It reduces the menstrual cramps. It is used to relieve stomach pain associated with diarrhea. Mefenamic acid is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which helps to relieve pain, inflammation and reduces the elevated body temperature. It is used to treat lower back pain, muscle pain, headache, toothaches, and to relieve painful menstruation.
How does the drug work?
Dicyclomine belongs to the class Antispasmodic and Anticholinergic. It acts by relieving the contraction of the smooth muscle. The drug restricts the activity of acetylcholine on cholinergic receptors, thus, reducing muscle contractions in the gastrointestinal tract. The cholinergic receptors are mainly present in the muscles of the stomach. Mefenamic acid works by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins. Thus, the prostaglandin effects such as sensitization of the spinal nerves to the painful stimuli, inflammation associated with vasodilation, and elevation of body temperature by the thyroid gland are not produced.
What are the common side effect?
Common side effects include severe constipation, bloating, diarrhea, heavy sweating, hot and dry skin. Sometimes patients may feel nausea, stuffy nose. Feeling of dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, blurred vision may also be present. The most frequently experienced side effects with mefenamic acid are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, bloating, bleeding, blurred vision, heartburn, ulcers (stomach or intestine), anemia, abnormal kidney function, edema, an increase in liver enzymes, increased bleeding time, itching, rashes, ringing sensation in the ear.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is dicyclomine a steroid? No, dicyclomine is not a steroid, it is an antispasmodic drug.
2. Can I use dicyclomine to treat diarrhea? Dicyclomine has no known effects on treating diarrhea; however, it may reduce the pain associated with diarrhea.
3. Does dicyclomine causes constipation and sleepiness? Yes, Dicyclomine may cause constipation and drowsiness.
4. Is Dicyclomine an OTC drug? Dicyclomine is an over-the-counter drug, however, it should always be taken medical supervision.
5. Can I take dicyclomine for menstrual cramps relief? Dicyclomine relieves smooth muscles contraction. So, it can be used to reduce the stomach cramps or for period pain relief.
6. Is dicyclomine safe for children? Dicyclomine can be administered safely to children in a prescribed dosage for a prescribed period. Mefenamic acid
1. Can I drive after taking the drug? The drug may occasionally cause side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, and visual disturbances. Therefore, it is advisable not to drive.
2. What should I do in the case of overdosage? You must immediately contact for a doctor’s advice because an overdose of mefenamic acid can increase your risk of side effects.
3. What to do if I miss a dose? If it is too late, then leave the missed dose and take the next dose as per the schedule.
4. Can I take mefenamic acid if I am planning for pregnancy? You must inform your doctor before taking the drug if you are planning to become pregnant.
5. Can I use the drug in the management of menstrual cramps? Yes. You can use the drug in the treatment of pain during periods associated with cramps.