Microbid Oz Tablet 10
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat upper and lower urinary tract infection, lower respiratory infection, stomach and intestinal infections. It is also used to for the prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax or plague. Ornidazole is a bactericidal used for the prevention and treatment of vaginal infections, urinary tract infection, infections of intestine and other parts of the body caused by protozoa, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. It is also used for the prophylaxis of post-operative infections and treatment of loose motion. It is also used to treat trichomonas, amoebic dystentry, bacterial vaginosis and giardiasis
How does the drug work?
Ofloxacin is a fluroquinolone antibiotic which is effective against both gram negative and gram-positive bacteria. It inhibits the formation of bacterial genetic material by affecting the synthesis of DNA Gyrase, an enzyme essential for replication of bacterial DNA. Therefore, ofloxacin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. Ornidazole is a 5-nitroimidazole derivative that has bactericidal action. It kills the disease causing bacteria by destroying the bacterial DNA. It is highly effective for the treatment of bacterial and protozoal infections.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of ofloxacin are vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, altered taste, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, pain, itching and burning sensation in the vagina, pain in urethra, and flatulence The most commonly reported side effects of ornidazole are dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, unusual tastes, itching, numbness and confusion.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How should I use the medication? Ofloxacin should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ofloxacin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin? Yes. It is safe to take ofloxacin with paracetamol/ibuprofen as there are no drug interactions reported for these two drugs. However, consult your physician before use.
4. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections? Ofloxacin is an antibiotic and can be used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia.
5. Can I take Ofloxacin for viral infections such as cold or flu? No. Ofloxacin is not effective against viral diseases such as cold or flu. Ornidazole
1. How should I use this medication? Ornidazole should not be taken on empty stomach. Take the medication after food with a glass of water. However, consult your physician before use.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ornidazole? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Is ornidazole effective for amoebic dystentry? Yes. Ornidazole is effective against protozoal infections such as amoebic dystentry
4. Can I take any other medications along with ornidazole? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
5. Is ornidazole effective against sexually transmitted diseases? Yes. A combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole is effective to reduce the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases.