Microcal M 250 Mg /125Iu Tablet 15
Calcium prevents absorption of phosphate from the gastrointestinal tract in people with kidney disease. Vitamin D3 is also known as cholecalciferol. It is mainly used to prevent and treat vitamin D deficiency diseases. It improves the absorption of calcium and strengthens bones. It helps to prevent skin and bone diseases in the children and adults. Vitamin D3 is prescribed in combination with phosphate supplements to treat bone disorders. Vitamin D3 improves the absorption of phosphate levels and help to treat phosphate efficiency diseases such as Fanconi syndrome. It is prescribed to improve calcium levels in the patients with parathyroid hormone disorders. It helps to prevent bone loss and softening of bone in the elderly. It is prescribed to increase the bone strength in the patients with osteoporosis. Manganese is prescribed for the patients with low serum manganese levels. Magnesium along with chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine hydrochloride is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis. It is prescribed for the treatment of osteoporosis and premenstrual syndrome.
How does the drug work?
Calcium prevents absorption of phosphate from the gastrointestinal tract in people with kidney disease. Vitamin D3 improves the health of skin and bones by enhancing the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus. It also enhances the renal reabsorption of calcium. It improves the serum calcium levels in the patients with parathyroid hormone disorders and prevents bone disorders. Vitamin D3 also known as cholecalciferol is catalyzed into its active form calcitriol in the liver with the help of the enzyme 25-hydroxylase. Calcitriol binds to the vitamin D receptor located in the intestine and increases the serum calcium levels by enhancing the gastrointestinal absorption of the phosphorous and calcium. It also increasing the reabsorption of calcium from distal renal tubule Manganese plays an important role in the development and metabolism of various antioxidant activity. It reduces the free radicals. It acts as a cofactor in various enzymatic reactions. It plays a role in the metabolism of cholesterol, carbohydrates and protein. It is also involved in the formation of bone.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of calcium are constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, indigestion, increased thirst, and abdominal pain. The common side effects reported for vitamin D3 are Cough, difficulty in swallowing, dizziness, fast heartbeat, hives or itching, skin rashes, puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, swelling of face, lips or tongue, skin rash, tightness in the chest and tiredness or weakness. No major side effects have been reported. However, high levels of magnesium can cause neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson’s disease due to degeneration of dopaminergic neurons.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
FAQs :Calcium carbonate
1. Is calcium good for health? Calcium is a dietary calcium supplement and can be used to treat low blood levels of calcium.
2. Is calcium used to treat osteoporosis? Osteoporosis occurs due to low calcium levels. Calcium, a calcium supplement, can help in treating and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Can calcium be taken with milk? Yes. Consuming foods fortified with vitamin D can enhance calcium absorption. So, you can consume milk, egg yolks, or fish along with the use of calcium.
4. Can calcium be taken with food? It is preferable to take calcium after a meal as acid produced in the stomach during digestion can help in calcium absorption.
5. Is calcium safe in pregnancy? Calcium can be used during pregnancy as a calcium supplement. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking the medication. Vitamin D3
1. Is it safe to use the drug in pregnancy? If the benefits outweigh the potential risks, vitamin D3 can be used in pregnancy. Before taking the drug, you must consult your doctor.
2. Is it safe to drive while taking vitamin D3 medication? If you experience dizziness, or a headache as the side effect of the drug, it may not be safe to drive.
3. Can I stop taking the drug immediately or do I need to taper? Certain medications require tapering of the dose or frequency and may cause rebound effects if stopped immediately. You must seek the medical advice before stopping the medication.
4. Can cholecalciferol be used for the treatment of osteoporosis and rickets? Yes. Cholecalciferol is considered as best vitamin D3 supplement for treating the bone disorders such as osteoporosis and rickets. Do not use the drug without consulting your physician.
5. What are the signs and symptoms of overdose? The signs and symptoms of vitamin D3 overdose are weakness, metallic taste in your mouth, nausea, frequent urination, and vomiting. Seek medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms. Manganese
1. How should I store manganese supplements? Manganese supplements should be stores at room temperature (25oC) away from direct sunlight and moisture.
2. Is manganese safe for pregnant and lactating women? Yes. Manganese is safe for pregnant and lactating women. However, consult your doctor before taking the medication.
3. Can I take any other medications with manganese supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
4. Does manganese effect the functioning of brain? High levels of manganese may impair the functioning of brain due to degeneration of dopaminergic neurons. Consult your physician to know the right dosage.
5. Is manganese useful for the treatment of anemia? Yes, manganese is prescribed in combination with other medications for the treatment of anemia.