Microcef Cv 200 Mg Tablet 10
Cefpodoxime is used to treat mild to moderate infections caused by bacteria. The infections such as skin or soft tissue infection, inflammation of throat can be treated with cefpodoxime. Cefpodoxime is used to treat urinary tract infections caused by bacteria and the sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea. Clavulanic acid is widely used to treat the common bacterial infections, respiratory tract infections, and urinary tract infections. Clavulanic acid is also prescribed during the myelo-ablative therapy followed by bone marrow transplantation.
How does the drug work ?
Cefpodoxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefpodoxime bactericidal action involve inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The active metabolite of cefpodoxime binds to the penicillin binding protein 3 and inhibits the production of peptidoglycan, which is essential for the formation of the cell wall. Beta-lactamase is a protein secreted by certain bacteria which can make them resistant to some antibiotics such as penicillin/cephalosporin. Clavulanic acid irreversibly inactivates a wide variety of beta-lactamases, thereby making the penicillin/cephalosporin drugs more potent.
What are the common side effects ?The major cefpodoxime side effects are diarrhea, loose stools, and allergic reactions like skin rashes, hives. Cefpodoxime side effects may also include breathing problems, feeling tired, headache, nausea, and vomiting. The common side effects associated with clavulanic acid are increased transaminase level in the blood, maculopapular rash, urticaria, diarrhea, and fever.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Microcef CV drug as prescribed by the physician. Do not take an over dose of the drug or do not discontinue the drug in the middle of the treatment as the infection gets resistant to the drug, thus leading to secondary infections.
• Antibiotics usage may cause diarrhoea. If the condition worsens after taking Microcef CV drug , seek immediate medical care.
• If there is any sign or rash, itching or swelling after taking Microcef CV drug, seek immediate medical care.
• People suffering liver and kidney disorders should consult the doctor for altering the dose Microcef CV drug.
• Pregnant and lactating mothers should consult the doctor for safe use of Microcef CV drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Store the drug in cool and dry place at room temperature below 25?C.
1. Does cefpodoxime treat viral infections? No, cefpodoxime treats only bacterial infections.
2. I am suffering from cold and flu. Can I use cefpodoxime to treat my condition? No, the dry syrup is not effective against cold and flu.
3. I am using the antibiotic since 4 days. I am experiencing diarrhea. Shall I stop using the medication? Mild diarrhea is common while using the antibiotic. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor.
4. What are the effects of cefpodoxime in pregnant women? Cefpodoxime is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
5. How to take cefpodoxime? Cefpodoxime should be taken with food, as food enhances the levels of cefpodoxime tablets and increases its absorption in the body. Clavulanic acid
1. Why is clavulanic acid combined with amoxicillin? Clavulanic acid, when combined with the drug amoxicillin, helps in improving its potency by preventing degradation of the drug.
2. Is clavulanic acid used only in combination with amoxicillin? No, clavulanic acid is also used in combination with other penicillins and cephalosporins such as cefixime.
3. Does clavulanic acid cause diarrhea? Yes, one of the side effects of clavulanic acid is diarrhea.
4. How does clavulanic acid help to improve the potency of amoxicillin? Clavulanic acid is a ?-lactamase inhibitor, a protein secreted by the bacteria to destroy amoxicillin. By destroying this protein, it improves the potency by preventing the degradation of the drug.
5. Is clavulanic acid an anti-biotic itself? Yes, clavulanic acid, when administered alone, has weak antibacterial activity against most organisms.