Microcort 30 Mg Tablet 6
Deflazacort is used in the treatment of arthritis (a joint disease), allergies and for asthma relief. It is also used to treat skin problems, and problems of the eyes, blood, kidney, heart and digestive system. Deflazacort is a drug used to suppress the immune system after organ transplantations.
How does the drug work ?
Deflazacort is a corticosteroid drug which reduces the levels of inflammation producing molecules. It suppresses the immune system and stops the autoimmune reactions.
What are the common side effects ?The common deflazacort side effect experienced by the people includes weight gain. The other deflazacort side effects which are less common but are serious include heart failure, suicidal tendencies, bleeding in the stomach and intestine, inflammation of the pancreas, and altered growth in children.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Microcort use includes in the treatment of allergic reactions, asthma, arthritis, cancer, and psoriasis.
• Consult the doctor immediately, if any Microcort side effects such as abdominal pain, acne, headache, and weight gain are experienced.
• Stay away from people who are sick to prevent infection.
• Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult the doctor before taking Microcort.
• Before taking the Microcort, inform the doctor about the current health condition.
• Patients with cardiac disease, diabetes mellitus, and epilepsy should take Microcort with caution.
1. What happens if I take deflazacort and an antibiotic together? Co-administration of these drugs can lead to the inflammation of tendons which can readily tear.
2. Can I take deflazacort and antacid together? You must leave a gap of at least 2 hours between taking the two drugs. This helps to avoid unwanted interactions between them.
3. What is the deflazacort dosage for the treatment of arthritis in children? Usually, the lowest possible dose of deflazacort is given to children. It can range from 0.25 mg to 1mg per kg weight of the child per day. Talk to a physician who will decide the appropriate dose for your child.
4. Can deflazacort lead to bleeding under the skin? Deflazacort can rarely lead to the side effect of bleeding under the skin.
5. What should I do if I take more than the prescribed dose of deflazacort? Go to a nearby hospital immediately and take the tablet strip along with you. This helps the doctor to identify the drug.