Microdase D 50/10 Mg Tablet 10
Diclofenac is used for stiffness, swelling, and joints pain caused by arthritis. It is also used for the acute and chronic treatment of symptoms of osteoarthritis. Diclofenac is used as an analgesic in some minor surgeries such as dental. Serratiopeptidase, is used in the treatment of conditions associated with pain and inflammation. Serratiopeptidase is the preferred drug to treat migraine headache, pulsating headaches. It is also used to treat pain associated with muscles, bones, and joints. It is also used for treating conditions such as sinusitis, laryngitis, sore throat, ear infections, thrombophlebitis, swelling after surgery, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease.
How does the drug work?
Diclofenac is an NSAID used to reduce inflammation and as a pain reliever. The anti-inflammatory effects are due to inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX-1 and COX-2). This in turn, inhibits prostaglandin synthesis. Inhibition of the prostaglandin synthesis results in analgesic effects of diclofenac. Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme which relieves pain and inflammation by breaking down the chemical mediators that are involved in causing pain and inflammation.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of diclofenac are stomach upset, constipation, discomfort, drowsiness, decrease in urine output, increased bleeding time, itching of skin, epidermal necrolysis, renal dysfunction. The common side effects of serratiopeptidase include abnormal blood cell count, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, skin redness, blisters on the skin, running nose, diarrhea, and liver damage.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What are different dosage forms available for diclofenac other than capsule form? Diclofenac is available in different forms such as injectables, topical applicators (powder or ointment), and tablet form.
2. Is there any alteration in weight with the use of diclofenac? You may reduce weight, as loss of appetite is one of the common diclofenac side effects.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose? You may have blurred vision, altered consciousness, confusion, depression. To avoid these side effects use the medicine diclofenac as directed by the doctor.
4. Is diclofenac safe for the children below 12 years of age? No, it is not recommended to take diclofenac for the children younger than 18 years of age.
5. What should I avoid when using medicine diclofenac? Avoid using other NSAID’s. Do not drink alcohol. Do not use diclofenac if you are allergic to it. Serratiopeptidase
1. Is serratiopeptidase an addictive drug? No. Serratiopeptidase is not an addictive drug.
2. Is serratiopeptidase safe? Serratiopeptidase is relatively a safe drug for adults and children if taken in the prescribed dose. In case of pregnancy and lactation, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
3. Is serratiopeptidase similar to aceclofenac? No, serratiopeptidase is an enzyme where as aceclofenac is NSAIDs. But both the drugs are used in the treatment of pain and inflammation.
4. Is serratiopeptidase banned in India? No, serratiopeptidase is available in India as a prescription drug.
5. What are the special precautions to be followed before taking serratiopeptidase? Avoid serratiopeptidase if you have bleeding disorders and stop using this drug at least 2 weeks before the surgery.