Microdox 100 Mg Tablet 10
Doxycycline is an antibiotic agent which fights against bacteria. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the intestine, eyes, gums, face (such as acne), urinary tract, etc. This medicine is also used to reduce the blemishes, acne-like lesions and bumps caused by rosacea.
How does the drug work ?
Doxycycline works by preventing the protein synthesis, and the formation of RNA which is the genetic material of the bacteria.
What are the common side effects ?The common doxycycline side effects are skin rash or itching, nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, mild diarrhea, vaginal itching or discharge.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Microdox along with food to prevent stomach discomfort.
• Consult a doctor regarding the use of birth control pills, if using along with Microdox medicine.
• Do not start Microdox without consulting a doctor.
• Avoid Microdox if allergic to any of the ingredient present in the drug.
• Avoid Microdox during pregnancy, if planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
• Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking Microdox.
1. How should I protect my skin from sunburns while using doxycycline? Some patients using doxycycline may experience sunburn with exposure to sunlight. In this case, you should use a sunscreen or sunblock agent.
2. How should I take the medicine for heartburn while using doxycycline? You should give a gap of at least 2 to 3 hours after taking doxycycline, to take your heartburn medicine.
3. Should I tell my surgeon that I am using doxycycline? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon about the use of doxycycline before undergoing a surgery. This is due to the risk of kidney damage with methoxyfluorane, an anesthetic agent given during surgery.
4. Can I take doxycycline with milk? You should not take calcium containing products such as milk as it can decrease the absorption of doxycycline. Instead, swallow the tablet with sufficient water to reduce irritation or ulcers in the throat.
5. Can I take the doxycycline during breastfeeding? Do not take doxycycline for long periods as it causes permanent tooth discoloration in the newborn. Ask a doctor for exact dosage instructions.