Microgat 200 Mg Tablet 10
Gatifloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections such as conjunctivitis, sinusitis, certain skin infections, and cystitis.
How does the drug work?
Gatifloxacin is an antibiotic which acts by inhibiting the enzymes topoisomerase II and IV which are required for the replication of bacterial DNA.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of gatifloxacin are nausea, diarrhea, headache, and dizziness. Other side effects include rash, blurred vision, dry eye, and difficulty in swallowing, shortness of breath, eye discharge, itchy and teary eyes, and urticaria.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What is the recommended dose of gatifloxacin? The recommended dose of the drug is 200 to 400 mg once a day for 3 to 10 days.
2. Can children take this drug? No. Children younger than 18 years of age are not recommended to use gatifloxacin as safety and efficacy in this age group is not yet confirmed.
3. What are the storage conditions of the drug? The drug should be stored at room temperature (25?C), avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
4. What if I miss a dose of gatifloxacin? If you miss a dose of gatifloxacin, take it as soon as possible. Do not take 2 doses at once.
5. What happens if I use gatifloxacin for long time? Gatifloxacin should be used only as prescribed. Long-term or repeated use may cause secondary infection.