Microgat 400 Mg Tablet 10
Gatifloxacin is used to treat bacterial infections of the eyes and ears.
How does the drug work ?
Gatifloxacin acts by inhibiting the replication of the bacterial genetic material called the DNA. This results in the death of the bacteria.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of gatifloxacin are itching, pain, swelling, redness, and discharge from the eyes, blurred vision, teary eyes and changes in the sense of taste.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Inform the doctor about the medicines in use or if any other medicines are needed while on the Microgat medication.
• Do not take the Microgat drug if an allergic reaction was seen with the use of gatifloxacin or similar drugs in the past.
• People with glaucoma and infections (especially in the eyes), should not use the Microgat medicine.
• Do not wear contact lenses after using Microgat. People with conjunctivitis should not use the contact lenses at all.
• Use the exact Microgat dosage as directed by the physician.
1. Is gatifloxacin banned in India? Yes. Gatifloxacin in the form of injection and oral forms is banned in India. However, the topical forms such as eye and ear drops are not banned.
2. Can I wear contact lenses after using the gatifloxacin eye drops? Do not wear contact lenses for about 10-15 minutes after using the gatifloxacin eye drops.
3. Can I drive after using the gatifloxacin eye drops? It is better to avoid driving after using the gatifloxacin eye drops due to the chances of blurred vision with the drug.
4. How to store the gatifloxacin drops? Store the gatifloxacin drops at room temperature, away from light, moisture, and heat. Do not freeze the drops. Keep them out of reach from children.
5. What if I forget a dose of gatifloxacin drops? Do not worry. Use the missed dose immediately as you remember but if it is nearly time for the next scheduled dose, then leave the missed dose. Do not take a double dose for the forgotten dose.