Micromol 500 Mg Tablet 10
Paracetamol is a commonly used drug to reduce body temperature and to relieve mild to moderate pain. Paracetamol is used as a pain relief medicine. It is used to relieve musculoskeletal and joint pain, headache, toothache and ear pain. It is also prescribed to treat the discomfort during feverish colds, and flu.
How does the drug work?
Paracetamol is an active ingredient in Micromol and it belongs to a class of drugs known as antipyretics (fever reducing) and analgesics (painkiller). Paracetamol is a drug to treat fever related symptoms. It acts on the temperature-regulating region of the brain, which results in increased blood flow across the skin. This causes sweating and heat loss thereby reducing fever. It acts as a painkiller and therefore, reduces the pain by increasing the pain threshold.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of Micromol include allergic reactions which may cause redness, swelling or rashes on the skin. It can also cause blisters on the skin and running nose. Overdose can cause adverse symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, abnormal blood cell count, shortness of breath, and liver injury.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What are the less common side effects of paracetomol? The less common side effects of paracetomol include facial swelling, fatigue, skin peeling, mouth ulcers, sudden bleeding, etc.
2. Does paracetomol make me drowsy? No. But when the drug is taken in combination with other medications such as Cetirizine or other cold and cough medications, can make you feel drowsy.
3. Can I use paracetomol pain relief to reduce the pain during menstruation? Yes, paracetomol can be taken to reduce pain during menstruation. However, consult your doctor for the dosage.
4. What is the dosage of paracetomol used in the treatment for reducing fever? For adults and children above 12 years, paracetomol cold and flu max (500mg) can be taken 3 to 4 times a day.
5. Can paracetomol be safely used with other NSAIDs? Yes, paracetomol is safe when taken with other NSAIDS. However, consult your doctor regarding the combined use of paracetomol with any other drug.