Micronac 100 Mg Tablet 10
Nepafenac is the active ingredient of Nevanac medicine which is used in the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with cataract surgery of the eye.
How does the drug work?
Nepafenac belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are the chemical mediators involved in pain and inflammatory reactions. Thus, the medicine reduces inflammation and relieves pain.
What are the common side effect?
The common Micronac side effects are dry or sticky feeling in the eyes, foreign body sensation in the eye, redness, itching or watering of the eyes, increased sensitivity to light, headache, nausea, vomiting, and stuffy nose.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How long can I use Micronac medicine for pain relief after a cataract surgery? You can use the Micronac drug for 14 days to relieve swelling after a cataract surgery. Do not beyond this period unless told by your doctor.
2. What is the dose of Micronac drug to reduce swelling after an eye operation in adults? The normal Micronac dosage in adults to reduce swelling associated with an eye operation is one drop of 1% solution to be instilled in the affected eye, three times a day starting on the day before the surgery. This may be continued for 14 days.
3. Can I wear my contact lenses after using Micronac medication? You should not wear contact lenses while using and for at least 15 minutes after using the Micronac medicine.
4. How should I store the Nepafenac eye drops? Store Micronac at room temperature, with the lid tightly closed. Do not refrigerate.
5. How should I apply Micronac eye drops? Tilt your head back, pull down your eyelid, hold the dropper facing the eye and squeeze out a drop. Close your eye for about a minute to prevent draining of the liquid. Wait at least for 10 minutes if another drop needs to be instilled in the same eye.