Midoxib 90 Mg Tablet 10
Etoricoxib is used to treat mild to moderate pain and inflammation. It is effective in the treatment of pain and swelling of joints such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and relieves inflammation of the muscles.
How does the drug work ?
Similar to the other NSAIDs, etoricoxib is a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor. Etoricoxib inhibits prostaglandin that stimulates spinal nerves to the painful stimuli, inflammation associated with vasodilation, and elevation of body temperature.0
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of etoricoxib are redness and itching of the skin, dizziness, indigestion, abdominal pain, nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, and an increase in the liver enzymes.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Midoxib should not be used by the individuals with a history of allergic reactions to the active ingredients.
• People with severe liver function impairment should avoid Midoxib.
• Smoking and alcohol consumption can increase the risk of liver injury and intensify the side effects of Midoxib.
• Patients with kidney impairment, diabetes, certain stomach and intestinal problems, history of infections, clotting problems, liver function impairment should take Midoxib drug with caution. In these conditions side effects overweigh Midoxib uses.
• Women who are pregnant and breastfeeding should not use Midoxib unless it is considered essential by a doctor.
• Midoxib is not for use in children below 6 years of age.
• Midoxib can interact with certain over-the-counter drugs and prescription medicines. Therefore, a physician's consultation is necessary for co-administration of other drugs.
1. Can I give etoricoxib for my 15-year-old child for pain relief? The medicine is not indicated for the children less than 18 years of age.
2. How should I take the etoricoxib tablets? It is preferable to take etoricoxib tablets with food, i.e. after eating.
3. Can I drive or operate machines after taking the etoricoxib? You should not driving or use machinery which requires attention as etoricoxib may cause side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
4. Iam on mifepristone. Can I take etoricoxib for a backache? Do not take etoricoxib at least for 8-12 days after taking mifepristone. You may consult your doctor for a safe use of the drug.
5. What should I do if I experience nausea after taking etoricoxib? If nausea is severe, you should immediately consult your doctor. Take the drug with food or avoid spicy food while taking etoricoxib to prevent nausea.