Midsone 0.1 % Lotion 15 Ml
Mometasone is used to treat skin and eye disorders, and allergic reactions or disorders.
How does the drug work ?
Mometasone is a corticosteroid drug which inhibits the release of inflammation-causing mediators. Thus, it relieves swelling, itching and inflammation.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which are common with mometasone are speech difficulty, headache, burning, itching or tingling sensation, and sore throat.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• If a history of allergic reaction was seen with mometasone, then do not take the Midsone drug.
• If any health conditions such as infections of eyes, clouding of eyes, glaucoma, breathing problems, chest infection, etc. are present inform a doctor. The doctor decides the right dosage of Midsone in such cases.
• Avoid the medicine Midsone if a condition called rosacea is present.
• Midsone is not for children younger than 6 years of age.
• Pregnant and lactating women should inform their doctor before using the Midsone.
1. Can I use mometasone for fungal skin infection? No. Mometasone is not for treating bacterial or viral or fungal infections of the skin.
2. Is mometasone similar to hydrocortisone? Mometasone and hydrocortisone are both steroids but are different drugs.
3. Can I use mometasone to treat acne? No. Acne is a bacterial infection of the skin which cannot be treated with mometasone. Ask your doctor for a right drug for your condition.
4. Does mometasone treat darkness of the infected skin? Yes. Mometasone can lighten the skin which has turned dark due to infections.
5. How to use mometasone topical? Apply a thin layer of the mometasone topical on the affected area, once daily.