Midzol 10 Mg Injection 10 Ml
Midazolam is used in the treatment of insomnia (difficulty in sleeping) and anxiety.
How does the drug work ?
Midazolam belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. It works by increasing the levels of natural chemical (GABA) in the brain which reduces the excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain. Thus, produces a calming effect on the brain and nerves.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of midazolam include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, cough, and hiccup.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Pregnant and breastfeeding females should inform the doctor before the use of Midzol drug. Breastfeeding women may have to stop feeding if required.
• Individuals who are allergic to Midzol or its contents should avoid taking the drug. Individuals should inform the doctor about the current list of medications taken as it may interact with Midzol medication and increase the side effects.
• Strictly follow the doctor’s instructions for dosage of Midzol medicine to prevent unwanted side effects.
• Avoid alcohol while using Midzol as it may increase the side effects of Midzol.
• Inform the doctor in case of a medical history of epilepsy, kidney or heart related problems to prevent Midzol side effects.
1. Is midazolam an addictive drug? Yes, midazolam can be addictive. Therefore, consult a doctor for the right dosage.
2. Can I discontinue taking midazolam drug when I begin to feel better? No, do not discontinue the drug unless advised by the doctor. Discontinuation may cause withdrawal symptoms which include seizures.
3. Should I take midazolam tablet with or without food? Take the tablet with or without food. However, make sure you take it at a fixed time every day.
4. Is midazolam drug safe for the elderly patients? Consult the doctor before giving midazolam for the elderly as there is a risk of developing symptoms such as confusion, drowsiness and memory problems in older patients.
5. Can I drive while taking midazolam? No, avoid driving while taking midazolam as drowsiness and dizziness are the side effects of the drug.