Migarid 10 MG Tablet 10
Flunarizine is given to prevent severe headache such as migraine.
Mode of drug action :
Flunarizine works by constricting the blood vessels in the head, thus, relieving the migraine.
What are the common side effects?
The side effects which are commonly associated with the use of flunarizine are running nose, nasal congestion, menstrual cycle disturbances, increase in appetite, depression, drowsiness, and constipation.
Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Avoid Migarid if allergic to flunarizine or any other ingredients present in the drug.
• Do not use Migarid in case of Parkinsonism.
• Avoid Migarid in case of any liver diseases.
• Do not use Migarid in depressed patients.
• Avoid Migarid in case of pregnancy or breast feeding.
What else should I know?
1. Will I gain weight with flunarizine? Yes. You may have weight gain with flunarizine. Ask, a doctor if you have this side effect.
2. In how much duration flunarizine will show its action? The time taken for flunarizine to show its action depends on several factors such as severity of the condition, etc.
3. Can I get relief from severe headache with flunarizine? Yes. Flunarizine helps to relieve severe headache, i.e. migraine.
4. What should I do if I miss a dose of flunarizine? Take the missed dose immediately as you remember. But if it is too late, then leave the forgotten dose and continue with the next dose at its usual time.
5. How to store flunarizine tablets? Store the flunarizine tablets in a dry and cool place at a temperature below 25ᵒC. Keep the medicine out of sight from children.