Mighty 60000 Iu Capsule 4
Cholecalciferol is indicated for the treatment of vitamin D deficiency, bone disorders such as rickets, osteoporosis, osteomalacia, hypoparathyroidism, and other conditions where vitamin D3 is deficient which include celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, and liver problems.
How does the drug work?
Cholecalciferol is a steroid hormone that regulates calcium and phosphorus absorption, bone mineralization, and vitamin A assimilation. In the body, vitamin D3 is converted into its active form calcitriol. Calcitriol acts by increasing the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, bone resorption, and renal tubular reabsorption of calcium. It also promotes intestinal absorption of calcium. Thus, calcitriol increases the levels of serum calcium.
What are the common side effect?
The cholecalciferol side effects include loss of appetite, increased urination, increased thirst, mental/mood changes, muscle weakness, constipation, and unusual tiredness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it safe to use cholicalciferol in pregnancy? If the benefits outweigh the potential risks, vitamin D3 can be used in pregnancy. Before taking the drug, you must consult your doctor.
2. Is it safe to drive while taking vitamin D3 medication? If you experience dizziness, or headache as the side effect of the drug, it may not be safe to drive.
3. Can I stop taking the drug immediately or do I need to taper? Certain medications require tapering of the dose or frequency or may cause rebound effects if stopped immediately. You must seek the medical advice before stopping the medication.
4. Can cholecalciferol is used for the treatment of osteoporosis and rickets? Yes. Cholecalceferol is considered as best vitamin D3 supplement for treating the bone disorders such as osteoporosis and rickets. Do not use the drug without consulting your physician.
5. What are the signs and symptoms of overdose? The signs and symptoms of vitamin D3 overdose are weakness, metallic taste in your mouth, nausea, frequent urination, and vomiting. Seek medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.