Migiplex 5 Mg Tablet 10
Propanolol uses include treatment of hypertension, chest pain relief (i.e. angina), and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for reducing the risk of death in patients with heart attack. Flunarizine is given to prevent severe headache such as migraine.
How does the drug work ?
Propranolol is a beta-blocker which reduces the workload of the heart, reducing the chest pain. It reduces the amount of blood pumped by the heart, thus, lowering the blood pressure. Flunarizine works by constricting the blood vessels in the head, thus, relieving the migraine.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of propranalol are constipation or diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, gas, headache, heartburn, muscle pain, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, trouble sleeping, unusual tiredness or weakness. The side effects which are commonly associated with the use of flunarizine are running nose, nasal congestion, menstrual cycle disturbances, increase in appetite, depression, drowsiness, and constipation.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• After taking Migiplex, avoid activities which require alertness such as driving, operating heavy machinery.
• Consult the doctor immediately in case of confusion or inability to control muscle movements with Migiplex.
• Migiplex drug may be habit-forming so place it away from children or others to avoid misuse.
• Avoid alcohol while taking Migiplex as it may worsen the symptoms of drowsiness and calmness.
• Do not take Migiplex in case of allergy to any of its ingredients or the related drugs.
• Patients with breathing problems, sleep apnea or lung disease should consult the doctor before taking Migiplex.
• Patients with severe kidney, liver or lung problems, myasthenia gravis, depression, alcohol or other drugs abuse, spinal or cerebellar ataxia, porphyria should consult the doctor before taking this medication.
• Avoid Migiplex medicine in pregnancy and breast feeding as it may harm the fetus.
• Talk to the doctor or pharmacist when taking any medications that act on brain or the medication that are used for the treatment of epilepsy.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machinery and take care while standing up as Migiplex can cause dizziness.
1. How should I store propranolol tablets? Store the tablets at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and children.
2. Can I take propranolol tablets for chest pain? You should consult the doctor before taking the drug. Do not self-medicate.
3. When should I stop taking propranolol? You should not stop taking propranolol abruptly; continue the drug even if you feel better.
4. What should I do if I have overdose with propranolol? You may experience symptoms such as shortness of breath, or slow breath, fainting and weakness if you have an overdose of the drug. In such case you must call your doctor immediately.
5. Is it safe for elders? Elders taking propranolol should be cautious during sitting or standing or lying down. If you feel dizzy, immediately sit down slowly. Flunarizine
1. Will I gain weight with flunarizine? Yes. You may have weight gain with flunarizine. Ask, a doctor if you have this side effect.
2. In how much duration flunarizine will show its action? The time taken for flunarizine to show its action depends on several factors such as severity of the condition, etc.
3. Can I get relief from severe headache with flunarizine? Yes. Flunarizine helps to relieve severe headache, i.e. migraine.
4. What should I do if I miss a dose of flunarizine? Take the missed dose immediately as you remember. But if it is too late, then leave the forgotten dose and continue with the next dose at its usual time.
5. How to store flunarizine tablets? Store the flunarizine tablets in a dry and cool place at a temperature below 25C. Keep the medicine out of sight from children.