Migrabeta 60 Mg Capsule 10
Propranolol uses include treating high blood pressure, arrhythmia, tremors, anxiety, and chest pain. It is also used to prevent heart attack, esophageal varices, and migraine headache. It is also used to relieve symptoms of thyrotoxicosis.
How does the drug work ?
Propranolol is a beta blocker that blocks the beta receptors present on various parts of the body. Beta receptors cause the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline (fight or flight hormones).
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of propranolol are decreased heart rate, sleep disturbances, dizziness, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and changes in vision.
Important Information for Safe Use:
Do not take Migrabeta if there is any past history of allergic reactions to any of the ingredients present in it. Do not take Migrabeta in asthma, bronchitis, atrioventricular blockage, sinus bradycardia, and liver impairment. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery and take care while standing up as Migrabeta can cause dizziness.
1. What is the dose of propranolol to treat hypertension? The initial dose of propranolol tablets is 40mg twice a day and maintenance dose is 120 to 240 mg per day.
2. Can I take propranolol during pregnancy? Propranolol should not be used during pregnancy unless prescribed by the doctor.
3. Can propranolol be used for inducing sleep? Propranolol may cause drowsiness, but the main effect of propranolol is reducing blood pressure. So, do not misuse the drug and use it as prescribed by your doctor.
4. Does propranolol cause memory loss? Propranolol medication causes memory loss as a side effect. However, it is not seen in all the patients who are using propranolol.
5. Can propranolol be used for the long term? Yes. Propranolol can be used for long term depending on your condition.