Migrid 5/10/500 Mg Tablet 10
Flurbiprofen is used to treat symptoms of arthritis such as swelling, pain, and stiffness. It also helps to relieve inflammation. Additionally, flurbiprofen is used in the treatment of muscular pains and aches.
How does the drug work ?
Flurbiprofen belongs to NSAIDs. It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins. Thus, the prostaglandin effects such as sensitization of the spinal nerves to the painful stimuli, inflammation associated with vasodilation, and elevation of body temperature by the stimulation of thyroid gland are blocked.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of flurbiprofen are rashes, heartburn, nausea, dizziness, abdominal pain, vomiting blood, blood in stools, an increase in heart rate, and difficulty in breathing.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• The patient should not drive or operate heavy machinery after using Migrid as it may cause dizziness, drowsyness, fatigue and visual disturbances.
• The doctor should be informed if the patient has chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.
• The doctor should be informed if the patient has have a previous history of bronchial asthma or other breathing difficulties.
• The doctor should be informed if the patient is allergic to any of the NSAIDs or any of the ingredients of the medicine
• The doctor should be informed if the patient is pregnant or planning to a pregnancy or are breast feeding.
• Migrid should be stopped and the doctor should be informed if gastrointestinal bleeding or ulceration occurs.
1. Is flurbiprofen safe for children? No, flurbiprofen should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
2. How long can I take flurbiprofen for joint pains? Patients should not take flurbiprofen for more than 10 days unless prescribed by a doctor.
3. Is it safe to use flurbiprofen during pregnancy? No, flurbiprofen can impair fertility, so it is not safe to take during pregnancy.
4. I experience constipation while taking flurbiprofen. Should I stop taking flurbiprofen? Constipation can rarely occur in patients taking flurbiprofen. Report it to the doctor if the condition worsens.
5. Can I use flurbiprofen for spine and gout attacks? Yes, flurbiprofen can be used for spine and gout attacks.