Migrid (Crescent) 10 Mg Tablet 10
Flurbiprofen is used to treat symptoms of arthritis such as swelling, pain, and stiffness. It also helps to relieve inflammation. Additionally, flurbiprofen is used in the treatment of muscular pains and aches.
How does the drug work?
Flurbiprofen belongs to NSAIDs. It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins. Thus, the prostaglandin effects such as sensitization of the spinal nerves to the painful stimuli, inflammation associated with vasodilation, and elevation of body temperature by the stimulation of thyroid gland are blocked.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of flurbiprofen are rashes, heartburn, nausea, dizziness, abdominal pain, vomiting blood, blood in stools, an increase in heart rate, and difficulty in breathing.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is flurbiprofen safe for children? No, flurbiprofen should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
2. How long can I take flurbiprofen for joint pains? Patients should not take flurbiprofen for more than 10 days unless prescribed by a doctor.
3. Is it safe to use flurbiprofen during pregnancy? No, flurbiprofen can impair fertility, so it is not safe to take during pregnancy.
4. I experience constipation while taking flurbiprofen. Should I stop taking flurbiprofen? Constipation can rarely occur in patients taking flurbiprofen. Report it to the doctor if the condition worsens.
5. Can I use flurbiprofen for spine and gout attacks? Yes, flurbiprofen can be used for spine and gout attacks.