Migtor 50 Mg Tablet 10
Miglitol is an oral antidiabetic medication. It is used to control blood glucose levels after meals or manage postprandial hyperglycemia in the patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How does the drug work ?
Miglitol is a glucosidase inhibitor. Glucosidase breaks down carbohydrates taken during meals and converts it into glucose.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of miglitol are diarrhea, abdominal pain, flatulence, and liver damage.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Use Migtor medicine before meals to prevent side effects of abdominal pain and diarrhea.
• Do not use Migtor medicine along with sulfonylureas, as it causes low sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
• Dose adjustment of Migtor medicine must be done in kidney and liver problems.
• Avoid antacids and bile acid resins while using Migtor medicine.
• Avoid Migtor medicine in patients with history of diabetic ketoacidosis, gastrointestinal obstructions, and inflammatory bowel disease.
1. What is the recommended dosage of miglitol? The recommended dosage of miglitol tablet is 200 to 300 mcg three times a day.
2. Are there any special precautions while using miglitol? Monitor your liver function and glucose levels regularly as miglitol can cause liver problems and hypoglycemia respectively.
3. What is the potential side effect of miglitol? Hepatotoxicity is the potential side effect of miglitol drug. So, undergo liver function tests regularly.
4. When is the best time to take miglitol? Miglitol tablet should be taken just before the meals.
5. Can I use miglitol during pregnancy? Avoid using miglitol during pregnancy and breast feeding without consulting a doctor.