Mika Best 250 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Amikacin is used for the treatment of gram-negative bacterial infections. It is also used for the treatment of tuberculosis, neonatal sepsis, endophthalmitis, bone and joint infection and central nervous system infections. It is also used for the treatment of infections caused by E.coli species.
How does the drug work ?
Amikacin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic. It kills the disease-causing bacteria by inhibiting the production of bacterial proteins. It binds to the 30s ribosomal subunit of bacterial RNA and inhibits the formation of proteins thereby destroys the bacterial cell.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of amikacin are diarrhea, muscle or joint pain, rash, nausea, partial loss of hearing, impaired balance, and seizures, ringing in the ears, breathing disorders, facial swelling, confusion, dizziness, blindness, and numbness.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Patients who are allergic to amikacin or similar drugs should avoid receiving Amikacin tablet or injection to prevent hypersensitive reactions.
• Patients receiving Amikacin antibiotic should drink extra fluids to prevent dehydration.
• Diarrhea, muscle or joint pain, rash, nausea, and partial loss of hearing are the common side effects of Amikacin injection. Consult the physician if there are any such symptoms.
• Take the exact Amikacin dose as directed by the physician.
• Do not stop taking the medication abruptly. Consult the physician before stopping the treatment with Amikacin.
• Amikacin injection is prescribed with caution in the elderly.
• Amikacin drug is an antibiotic it is not effective against viral or fungal infection.
• Pregnant and lactating females should not take the injection Amikacin as it can cause harm to the fetus and the baby.
• Store the medication in cool and dry place at room temperature. Keep the medication out of the reach of the children.
1. Are there any clinical tests which I need to undergo while taking amikacin? Blood test, renal functioning test, and liver function may be recommended by the physician to the patients who are on amikacin therapy.
2. How should I store the medication? Medication should be stored at room temperature away from light and heat.
3. Can I take other medications along with amikacin? Amikacin may interact with certain medications. So consult the physician before taking any medication.
4. Is amikacin effective against common cold? Amikacin is an antibiotic. It is not effective against viral infections such as common cold.
5. I am suffering with diarrhea after receiving amikacin. Is it a common side effective or hypersensitivity reaction of amikacin? Mild diarrhea is a common symptom of amikacin. Consult the physician if you have stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea or bloody stools.