Mikastar 500 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Amikacin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic which is used for the treatment of gram-negative bacterial infections. It is also used for the treatment of tuberculosis, neonatal sepsis, endopthalmitis, bone and joint infection and central nervous system infections. It is also used for the treatment of infections caused by E.coli species.
How does the drug work?
Amikacin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic. It kills the disease causing bacteria by inhibiting the production of bacterial proteins. It binds to the 30s ribosomal subunit of bacterial RNA and inhibits the formation of proteins thereby destroys the bacterial cell.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of amikacin are: diarrhea, muscle or joint pain, rash, nausea, partial loss of hearing, impaired balance, and seizures, ringing in the ears, breathing disorders, facial swelling, confusion, dizziness, blindness and numbness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Are there any clinical tests which I need to undergo while taking amikacin? Blood test, renal functioning test and liver function may be recommended by the physician to the patients who are on amikacin therapy.
2. How should I store the medication? Medication should be stored at room temperature away from light and heat.
3. Can I take other medications along with amikacin? Amikacin may interact with certain medications. So consult the physician before taking any medication.
4. Is amikacin effective against common cold? Amikacin is an antibiotic. It is not effective against viral infections such as common cold.
5. I am suffering with diarrhea after receiving amikacin. Is it a common side effective or hypersensitivity reaction of amikacin? Mild diarrhea is a common symptom of amikacin. Consult the physician if you have stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea or bloody stools.