Miomycin 250 Mg Tablet 6
Azithromycin is most commonly used in the treatment of bacterial throat infections, skin infections (treatment of acne). Azithromycin relieves cough and cold symptoms by treating nasal, lung, and chest infections (bronchitis). Azithromycin is also prescribed for ear, skin, soft tissues, and sexually transmitted genital and urinary infections.
How does the drug work?
Azithromycin acts by preventing the growth of bacteria. It interferes with the bacterial protein synthesis thereby inhibiting their growth.
What are the common side effect?
Azithromycin side effects include nausea and vomiting, stomach pain and upset, diarrhea, headache, dizziness, decreased sense of taste or smell, nervous feeling, tired feeling, sleep disturbances, vaginal itching or discharge, mild rash or itching, ringing in your ears and problems with hearing.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is azithromycin safe for children? Yes. Azithromycin is also available in syrup dosage form; it is safe for children if taken in the prescribed dose.
2. Is azithromycin similar to erythromycin in action? No. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class which is more potent. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class
3. I am on azithromycin medication. I have skipped a dose and had food, what should I do? Take the medicine 2 hours after taking the food. If it’s time for the next dose skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose. Do not take both skipped as well as regular at a time.
4. I have taken azithromycin for throat infection without knowing that I am pregnant. Does it harm the fetus? Azithromycin is relatively safe during pregnancy. It does not harm the fetus of the mother who has taken this drug during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before intentionally taking this drug during pregnancy or breast feeding.
5. Does azithromycin relieve the symptoms of flu? Flu is a viral infection, azithromycin is an anti-bacterial agent which is in-effective in treating viral infections.