Mizhra 15 Mg Tablet 10
Mitrazapine is used for the treatment of major depressive disorders.
How does the drug work?
Mirtazapine has antidepressant and anxiolytic effects. It acts a potent antagonist of 5-HT2 and 5-HT3 receptors and reduces the symptoms of depression. It also acts as a potent antagonist of histamine (H1) receptors and causes sedation. It acts as moderate antagonist at muscarinic receptors due to which it increases the activity in the brain and maintains the balance. It has minimal action on dopaminergic and muscarinic receptors.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of mirtazapine are abnormal thinking, sore throat, weight gain, mood swings, constipation,and increased appetite and difficulty in breathing.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is mirtazapine prescribed to treat depression in children? At present mirtazapine is prescribed only to treat depression in adults. Its efficacy and safety is not determined in the children. Consult the physician to know more about agomelatine.
2. Is it safe to take mirtazapine during pregnancy? Mirtazapine is contraindicated in pregnant patients as its effects on the fetus are not determined. Consult the physician to know more.
3. Can mirtazapine cause addiction? No. Mirtazapine is not an opioid. It does not cause addiction when takes as prescribed by the physician.
4. Can I take any other medications along with mirtazapine? You must discuss with the physician before taking any other medications
5. How should I store mirtazapine? Mirtazapine should be stored at room temperature (25oC) away from sunlight and heat.