Monotrate 10 Mg Tablet 20
Isosorbide mononitrate is used in the treatment and prevention of angina.
How does the drug work?
Isosorbide mononitrate belongs to the class of nitrates. It is the active form of isosorbide mononitrate and causes vasodilation of both arteries and veins.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of isosorbide mononitrate are tachycardia, abdominal pain, nausea, headache, excess sweating, and fatigue.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I take sildenafil along with isosorbide mononitrate? No. Use of isosorbide mononitrate and sildenafil or other medications used to treat erectile dysfunction causes severe hypotension leading to dizziness, fainting, or a heart attack.
2. When to take isosorbide mononitrate? It is good to take isosorbide mononitrate in the morning and follow the same schedule every day. The drug works better if you have a drug-free period. Your doctor will schedule the Angicor SR dosage accordingly so that medicine will work properly.
3. Can I stop isosorbide mononitrate when the symptoms subside? Do not stop isosorbide mononitrate suddenly without the doctor’s consultation as it can lead to an angina attack.
4. Is isosorbide mononitrate a blood thinner? No. Isosorbide mononitrate is a vasodilator and belongs to the class of nitrates. It helps to treat angina pectoris by dilating blood vessels.
5. Is headache common with isosorbide mononitrate? Headache is a common side effect of isosorbide mononitrate. If you experience a headache, it means that the medication is working fine. If the headache is severe, ask your doctor for a pain reliever.