Motimin 1 Mg Tablet 10
Domperidone uses include management of dyspepsia and relief from nausea and vomiting. It is used for reducing heartburn, bloating, and belching.
How does the drug work?
Domperidone is a distinct blocker of dopamine receptors which has a high affinity for D2 and D3 dopamine receptors. These receptors are found in the chemoreceptor trigger zone usually present outside the blood-brain barrier that regulates nausea and vomiting. Domperidone facilitates gastric emptying by increasing the esophageal and gastric peristalsis.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of domperidone are diarrhea, drowsiness, difficulty in speaking, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, problems with breathing, breast pain, and breast tenderness. Important Information for Safe Use
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1.Is domperidone a laxative? No, domperidone does not have any laxative properties. It is a medication for treating bloating and abdominal discomfort.
2. What is the safe dosage of domperidone for children? Children below 10 years are not prescribed domperidone tablets. Talk to the doctor to know about the safe doses for children.
3. Does domperidone affect blood pressure levels? Alterations in the blood pressure is not reported with domperidone. If you experience any changes in your blood pressure, consult your doctor immediately.
4. I am on antiviral drugs. Can I use domperidone tablet? No, domperidone should not be taken with antivirals as it can cause drug-drug interaction leading to unwanted effects.
5. What should I do if I miss taking a dose of domperidone? If you miss a dose of domperidone and if it is almost time for the next dose, then you must skip the forgotten dose and take the next dose to avoid doubling of dose.