Mpss 500 Mg Injection 1
Prednisolone drug is used to reduce inflammation associated with various disorders such as allergies, blood disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, respiratory diseases, gastro-intestinal disorders and skin disorders. Prednisolone tablets are also used as a medicine to treat eye swelling caused by allergy, infection, injury or other conditions.
How does the drug work?
Omnacortil contains prednisolone which is a steroid that belongs to a class of drugs known as glucocorticosteroids. It increases the level of corticosteroids present in the body which in turn helps in blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals (prostaglandins and leukotrienes). It thus, reduces the swelling, pain and redness associated with inflammation.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of omnacortil include aggression, anxiety, personality and behavioral changes, mental depression, absence of menstrual periods, mood swings, blurred vision, eye swelling, dizziness, headache, delayed wound healing, heart burn, fatigue, muscle stiffness and weakness, insomnia, increased sweating, skin redness etc.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I use prednisolone tablets for a long period of time? It is not advised to stay on prednisolone for long periods of time as it may cause side effects such as osteoporosis, indigestion, stomach pains, muscle weakness and cataract.
2. Can Omnacortil medicine be given to children? Yes, Omnacortil is recommended for children to reduce wheezing, however consult your doctor before taking the medication.
3. Is prednisolone the same as prednisone? No, prednisolone is an active metabolite of prednisone. Both of them are corticosteroids but used for treating different indications.
4. Is the use of medicine, Omnacortil safe during pregnancy? It is advisable to consult your doctor before administering the medication.
5. Does prednisolone cause hair loss or weight gain? Yes, the use prednisolone may cause side effects such as hair loss and weight gain. Please report to your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.