Mucopide 100 Mg Tablet 10
Rebamipide is used to treat conjuctival injuries. It can effectively treat tear deficiency, ocular surface disorders such as lagophthalmos. It also improves tear stability and suppresses inflammation of the eye.
How does the drug work?
Rebamipide is an aminoacid derivative of 2-(1H)-quinolinone. It protects the eye by increasing corneal and conjunctival mucin-like substances. It can restore the microstructure responsible for tear stability and corneal epithelial damage. It further increases the secretion of both membrane associated and secreated-type mucins which are responsible for tear flim stability.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of rebamipide are mild diarrhea, loss of consciousness, loss of appetite, dizziness, and skin rashes, fever, feeling sad or empty.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How long can I use rebamipide medicine? Patients can use rebamipide drug for two weeks to relieve swelling after a cataract surgery. It is unsafe to use beyond this period.
2. What is the dose of rebamipide drug in adults? The normal rebamipide dosage in adults to reduce swelling associated with an eye operation is two drops in each of the infected eye or as prescribed by the doctor.
3. Can I wear my contact lenses after using rebamipide medication? You should not wear contact lenses while using rebamipide medicine for at least 15 minutes.
4. How should I store rebamipide eye drops? Store rebamipide eye drops at room temperature, with the lid tightly closed. Do not refrigerate.
5. How should I use rebamipide eye drops? Tilt your head back, pull down your eyelid, hold the dropper facing the eye and squeeze out a drop. Close your eye for about a minute to prevent draining of the liquid. Wait at least for 10 minutes if another drop needs to be instilled in the same eye.