Nefrosave Tablet 15
Nefrosave tablets consist of a drug N-acetyl cysteine which is mainly used to treat liver toxicity due paracetamol overdose. N-acetyl cysteine is also used to treat acute coughs, blocked noses and other congestive problems such as bronchitis, pneumonia. It also provides relief from dry eye syndromes associated with deficient tear secretion. Tab Nefrosave consists of taurine which is used to treat congestive heart failure (CHF), high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, liver diseases, and cystic fibrosis.
How does the drug work?
N-Acetylcysteine acts by thinning out mucus and helps clear the out nasal passages. It decreases the viscosity of secretions by splitting the disulphide bonds in mucoproteins. N-acetyl cysteine binds to the poisonous forms (metabolites) of paracetamol. N-Acetylcysteine also acts as an antioxidant, so it may play a role in preventing cancer. The sympathetic nervous system responds well to the stress and is too active in people with high blood pressure and CHF. Taurine acts by lowering the blood pressure and calming the sympathetic nervous system. Taurine also improves the function of the left ventricle of the heart.
What are the common side effect?
N-Acetylcysteine side effects include nausea and vomiting, bronchospasm, chest tightness, coughing up blood, respiratory tract infection, running nose, thickened respiratory tract secretions, oral ulcer, drowsiness, diarrhea, and fever. The common side effects of the drug taurine include anxiety, diarrhea or peptic ulcers.
• Do not start or continue the Nefrosave medicine if you are allergic to acetyl cysteine or taurine.
• Patients with lung diseases such as asthma and bronchospasm should consult the doctor before starting tablet Nefrosave as the Nefrosave tablet side effects may aggravate these conditions.
• Consume the Nefrosave tablet with a glass of water, before or after a meal for maximum effect.
• Nefrosave tablet is suitable for consumption by both children and adults, at the prescribed doses.
1. Is acetylcysteine safe during pregnancy? Yes. There are no known adverse effects of acetylcysteine on the fetus.
2. Does acetyl cysteine cause weight gain? No, acetylcysteine causing this side effect is very rare. However, consult your doctor if you notice this side effect.
3. Is it better to take acetylcysteine with food? Acetylcysteine can be taken with or without food. But it is advised to take the tablet at fixed time.
4. Is it safe to drive while on acetylcysteine medication? Acetylcysteine may cause drowsiness, so avoid activities which require alertness such as driving and operating heavy machinery.
5. I am experiencing chest tightness and diarrhea after taking acetylcysteine, shall I discontinue the medication? No. Do not stop or start acetylcysteine without asking your doctor. Chest tightness and diarrhea are the side effects of the drug, which weans off with time. However, consult your doctor if the symptoms worsen. Taurine
1. Are there any food restrictions I need to follow while taking taurine? Avoid alcohol and grape juice while you are on taurine medication.
2. What are the storage instructions of taurine? Store the taurine medicine in a cool, dry place away from the reach of the children.
3. I should I do in case of an overdose? Overdose may worsen the symptoms. Seek an immediate medical attention in case of an over dose.
4. What should I do if I missed a dose? Try to take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, but if it is the time for the next dose, skip this and continue with the next. But never take a double dose.
5. I am experiencing heartburn after taking taurine, can I discontinue the medication? Heartburn is the side effect of the drug taurine which can ween off over time, consult your doctor before discontinuing the medication.