Neugaba 150 Mg Tablet Er 10
Pregabalin uses include treatment of epilepsy and anxiety in adults. Usually, it is given in combination with other anti-epileptic medicines during the treatment.
How does the drug work?
Pregabalin acts by inhibiting the calcium channels in the brain and reduces the release of excitatory neurotransmitters. This helps in controlling the seizures and anxiety.
What are the common side effect?
The common pregabalin side effects are increased appetite, elation, confusion, disorientation, decrease in sexual interest, memory impairment, tremors, difficulty with speaking, numbness, tingling feeling, sedation, insomnia, fatigue, blurred vision, problems with balance, fall, sore throat, constipation, vomiting, gas, diarrhea, nausea, swollen abdomen, weight gain, joint pain, muscle cramps, difficulties with erection. The seriousness of side effects is largely dependent on the pregabalin dose.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am a diabetic patient. Should I inform the doctor if my weight changes with pregabalin? Yes, you should inform your doctor about any changes in the body weight. This is because you may need dosage adjustment of the anti-diabetic medications.
2. Is it normal to have a decrease in urine output with pregabalin tablets? No. Do not ignore this side effect of pregabalin as it can be an indication of kidney failure. Contact a doctor who may ask you to stop the medicine.
3. Can I take pregabalin along with oral contraceptive pills? Yes, you may take them together. However, contact a doctor to ensure safety.
4. Is it safe to drive after taking pregabalin capsules? Pregabalin drug can cause side effects such as decrease in concentration, drowsiness and dizziness. Therefore, you should not drive for sometime after this medication.
5. Can I stop taking the pregabalin medicine at once? No. You should not stop taking pregabalin at once. It should be gradually stopped over a minimum of one week. Talk to a doctor regarding drug discontinuation.