Nicardia Retard 30 Mg Tablet Sr 10
Nifedipine is used to treat hypertension and angina by relaxing the muscles of heart and blood vessels.
How does the drug work?
Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker. Nifedipine inhibits the influx of calcium ions through L-type calcium channels, this, in turn, inhibits the contractile process of smooth muscle cells. This inhibition caUSES dilation of coronary and systemic arteries, thus oxygen delivery to the myocardial tissue increases and the systemic blood pressure decreases. The vasodilatory effect facilitates the decrease in the blood pressure.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects of nifedipine include swelling of the ankle, limb, and tongue, and chest pain, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, heartburn, headache, muscle cramp, and discoloration of skin and eyes.
• Patients suffering from coronary artery disease should not take Nicardia.
• Individuals who have had heart attack in the past two weeks should not use Nicardia tablet.
• Nicardia should be used with caution in the patients with kidney diseases, blockage of the digestive tract, and history of stomach surgery.
• Do not stop taking Nicardia Retard medicine abruptly, as it may worsen the Nicardia Retard side effects.
• Do not take Nicardia drug while using antibiotics, antifungal, antidepressant, and HIV drugs.
1. I am a diabetic. Can I use nifedipine tablet? Nicardia tablet is used with caution in diabetic patients; however, consult the doctor before using the drug.
2. I am scheduled for a stomach surgery. Can I take nifedipine? No, avoid using nifedipine if you are scheduled for any surgery, as it can increase the risks.
3. Is nifedipine safe in elderly patients? Talk to the doctor before using the nifedipine drug, and know risks and benefits of the drug.
4. Is nifedipine safe during breastfeeding? No, nifedipine passes into the milk and may harm the newborn.
5. I have galactose intolerance. Can I use nifedipine extended-release tablet? No, nifedipine contains lactose. Ask your doctor about the safety of the drug.