Nicoz 3 Mg Tablet 10
Acenocoumarol is the active ingredient of the Acenomac tablets. It is used for the treatment of different conditions associated with blood clots. They include pulmonary embolus (blood clot in lungs), deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the deep veins), and heart attack.
How does the drug work?
Acenocoumarol is a blood-thinning agent. It acts by inhibiting the action of vitamin K, which is required for the formation of clots. Thus, it prevents the formation of blood clots.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects produced with acenocoumarol include joint pain and stiffness, bleeding of gums or nose, blood in vomiting, urine or stools, itching, and stomach pain.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How should I take the tab acenocoumarol? Take the acenocoumarol tablets with or without food but at a fixed time every day. Always follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
2. Can I drive after taking acenocoumarol tablets? Acenocoumarol does not affect a person’s ability to drive. Therefore, you may drive after taking this medicine.
3. What is the dose of acenocoumarol for adults? The dose depends on the individual and is decided by your doctor. However, the normal starting dose of acenocoumarol tablets for adults is 2 to 4mg/day.
4. What if I forget taking a dose of acenocoumarol tablet? Do not worry but take the missed dose soon as you remember. If you are too late, then leave the dose and continue with the next dose at its scheduled time.
5. How to store acenocoumarol tablets? Store the medicine in its original package away from heat, light, and moisture. Keep it out of reach from your kids. Discard the tablets after the expiry date.