Nikoran 2 Mg Infusion 100 Ml
Nicorandil is used to treat and prevent signs and symptoms of angina (severe chest pain) and acute coronary syndrome.
How does the drug work?
Nicorandil belongs to the class potassium channel activators. It stimulates guanylate cyclase to increase cGMP levels; this cGMP activates protein kinase G which in turn activates sarcolemmal calcium pump. PKG acts on the potassium channels and cause potassium efflux and promotes hyperpolarization. Hyperpolarization inhibits voltage-gated calcium channels which ensure relaxation of smooth muscles.
What are the common side effect?
The common nicorandil side effects are low blood pressure, dizziness, weakness, headache, mouth ulcers, inflammation of mouth, lips and face, abscess, tachycardia, and fatigue.
• Nikoran tablet is not used in the patients suffering from low blood pressure.
• Individuals who have had a heart attack are not recommended to use Nikoran tablet.
• Nikoran drug should not be used with drugs used for erectile dysfunction such as sildenafil or tadalafil.
• Nikoran tablet should be used with caution in patients with pulmonary edema, heart failures, and low blood pressure.
• Do not use Nikoran tablet if pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is unsafe during lactation.
• Nikoran may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not drive or handle heavy machinery while taking Nikoran tablets.
1. I am on antihypertensives. Can I use nicorandil tablet? No, do not take nicorandil tablet while on antihypertensives.
2. I am suffering from mouth ulcers. Can I continue using nicorandil medicine? No, stop using nicorandil drug, and report to the doctor for safe use of the drug.
3. What are the storage conditions for nicorandil tablet? Nicorandil tablet should be stored below 25°C. Keep the drug out of the reach of children.
4. Can I consume alcohol while using nicorandil medicine? No, consumption of alcohol is not recommended while using nicorandil.
5. Is nicorandil safe for children? No, nicorandil is unsafe for children.