Nimuwin (Wings) 100 Mg Tablet 10
Nimesulide is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which is used to treat acute pain in the patients with osteoarthritis and primary dysmenorrhoea. It is used to reduce fever and provide relief from joint pains.
How does the drug work?
Nimesulide is a selective COX-2 anti-inflammatory medication. It acts as a painkiller and also reduces fever. It reduces the production of chemical mediators such as prostaglandin, histamines and proteolytic enzymes, which causes pain. Nimesulide has a rapid onset and provides quick relief from acute pain. It inhibits the release of tumor necrosis factor-alpha so it used in the cancer treatment.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of nimesulide are diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, purities, dizziness and headache, heartburn, gastric discomfort, and thrombocytopenia. Nimesulide affects the function of the liver and increases the risk of hepatotoxicity.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I use nimesulide for sprains? Yes. Nimesulide tablets reduce pain caused due to sprains. However, consult the physician for safe and effective use.
2. Is nimesulide effective for reducing menstrual pain? Yes. Nimesulide reduces the levels of prostaglandins and decreases menstrual pain. Consult the physician before taking the medication.
3. Should I avoid taking any food substances while on nimesulide therapy? Nimesulide does not interact with any food substance. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking nimesulide. Talk to the physician to know more.
4. Can I take nimesulide to reduce post-operative pain? Yes. Nimesulide helps to reduce post-operative pain. Consult the physician before taking the medication for safe use.
5. How should I store the medication? Store the medication in cool and dry place at room temperature.