Nitrocontin 6.4 Mg Tablet 25
Glyceryl Trinitrate is mainly used to treat and prevent the chest pain associated with angina. Glyceryl trinitrate USES also include treatment of sudden and intense vasoconstriction of heart arteries, high blood pressure during cardiac surgery and left ventricular failure accompanying a heart attack.
How does the drug work?
Glyceryl trinitrate belongs to a class of drugs known as nitrates. Nitrates acts by temporarily relaxing the smooth muscles present in the walls of blood vessels in the heart. Relaxing the blood vessels reduces the strain on the heart thereby making it easy to pump blood.
What are the common side effect?
Glyceryl Trinitrate side effects include nausea and vomiting, allergic reaction, flushing, blurred vision, xerostomia, dizziness, fainting, headache, decreased blood pressure, lightheadedness, nervousness, and tachycardia.
• Avoid Nitrocontin tablets in case of allergy to glyceryl trinitrate or any other ingredients.
• Patients who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding should consult a doctor before taking Nitrocontin tablets.
• Avoid alcohol while taking glyceryl trinitrate medication, as it may increase the symptoms such as thirst, nausea, flushing, increased heartbeat, chest pain and low blood pressure.
• This medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness, so avoid activities requiring alertness such as driving and operating heavy machinery.
1. Are there any other dosage forms of Glyceryl trinitrate other than tablets? Yes, Glyceryl trinitrate is also available as sublingual tablets, ointment, sprays, and transdermal patches.
2. What are the other USES of Glyceryl dinitrate? Medically it is used as a vasodilator, whereas non-medically it is used to make explosives.
3. I experienced worsening of chest pain while taking Glyceryl dinitrate shall I stop the medication or continue? Worsening of the chest pain is a side effect of the drug Glyceryl trinitrate, abruptly stopping the medication may increase the blood pressure. Consult your doctor immediately.
4. Is it safe to take sildenafil citrate along with Glyceryl trinitrate? No. Concomitant use of two nitrates may cause a severe drop in the blood pressure.
5. Is it safe to take Glyceryl dinitrate with or without food? Glyceryl dinitrate can be safely taken with or without food but advised to take at a fixed time.