Normoz Capsule 10
D-Chiro-Inositol D-chiro-Inositol is commonly used to treat symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOD), increases insulin sensitivity, and acute respiratory distress syndrome in infants. It is also used for weight loss in the obese women. Chromium picolinate Chromium picolinate is a mineral found in certain foods. It works together with insulin to metabolize carbohydrates. Chromium picolinate is used as an aid in controlling blood sugars levels, to lower cholesterol, and as a weight loss supplement. Myo-inositol It helps in utilization of insulin. It also helps to maintain the hormonal balance that is necessary for the ovulation and to achieve pregnancy. It also treats polycystic ovary syndrome. Vitamin D3 Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol is a steroid hormone that regulates calcium and phosphorus absorption, bone mineralization, and vitamin A assimilation. In the body, vitamin D3 is converted into its active form calcitriol. Calcitriol acts by increasing the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, bone resorption, and renal tubular reabsorption of calcium. It also promotes intestinal absorption of calcium. Thus, calcitriol increases the levels of serum calcium.
Mode of drug action :
D-Chiro-Inositol D-chiro-Inositol is a vitamin substance found in animals and plants. It is a putative mediator that acts by balancing chemicals such as pyruvate dehydrogenase and some rate limiting enzymes that possibly help to treat symptoms of insulin sensitivity and PCOD. Chromium picolinate Chromium is an essential trace nutrient that induces insulin action thus influencing carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism. Myo-inositol Myo-inositol is a naturally occurring substance belonging to the B complex family. It helps to promote proper hormone balance, ovarian function, egg quality, and menstrual cycle regularity. It is also an insulin-sensitizing agent that promotes proper utilization of insulin. Vitamin D3 Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol is a steroid hormone that regulates calcium and phosphorus absorption, bone mineralization, and vitamin A assimilation. In the body, vitamin D3 is converted into its active form calcitriol. Calcitriol acts by increasing the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, bone resorption, and renal tubular reabsorption of calcium. It also promotes intestinal absorption of calcium. Thus, calcitriol increases the levels of serum calcium.
What are the common side effects?
D-Chiro-Inositol The side effects of D-chiro-Inositol are diarrhea, dizziness, flushing, itching, loss of appetite, nausea, stomach upset, and vomiting. Chromium picolinate The decrease in the chromium levels causes side effects such as renal failure, headaches, nausea, mood changes, impaired thinking, and co-ordination. Myo-inositol The commonly reported side effects of myo-inositol are dizziness, headache, tiredness, and nausea. Vitamin D3 The cholecalciferol or Vitamin D3 side effects include loss of appetite, increased urination, increased thirst, mental/mood changes, muscle weakness, constipation, and unusual tiredness.
Pregnancy: Safe under medical guidance Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take Normoz tablet without consulting the doctor.
• Normoz medication may cause dizziness and drowsiness. So, avoid performing heavy tasks that need alertness.
• Avoid the medicine if a history of allergy was observed with the use of any of the ingredients of the tab Normoz.
• People with diabetes, kidney, heart or liver problems, certain cancers, mental disorders and an enlarged prostate should inform the doctor before taking the drug Normoz.
• Normoz is not for use in males and children.
What else should I know?
1. What is the effect of D-chiro-Inositol deficiency? Deficiency of D-chiro-Inositol affects ATP and RNA synthesis.
2. Does D-chiro-Inositol relieve stress? Yes, D-chiro-Inositol has stress-relieving effects.
3. What is the effect of caffeine on D-chiro-Inositol? Excess intake of caffeine may diminish the effects of D-chiro-Inositol.
4. Does D-chiro-Inositol reduce anxiety? Yes, D-chiro-Inositol reduces anxiety effectively.
5. Is D-chiro-Inositol used for colon cancer? D-chiro-Inositol along with other combination of drugs used to treat colon cancer. Chromium picolinate
1. Is chromium picolinate safe during pregnancy? Yes, chromium picolinate is safe during pregnancy.
2. Does Chromium picolinate cause leather contact allergy? Yes, chromium picolinate causes leather contact allergy.
3. Does chromium picolinate causes depression? Yes, chromium picolinate might affect brain chemistry and may cause depression.
4. Is chromium picolinate safe in children? Yes, chromium picolinate is safe in children.
5. What are the drugs that may interact with chromium picolinate? Chromium picolinate may interact with the drugs such as NSAIDs, insulin, and levothyroxine. Myo-inositol
1. What is the effect of myo-inositol during pregnancy? Myo-inositol reduces the risk of developing gestational diabetes in pregnant women.
2. What if I overdose? Excess intake of myo-inositol causes high blood pressure. Consult the doctor before using the drug.
3. Can myo-inositol treat side effects of lithium toxicity? Yes, myo-inositol is used in the medical treatment of lithium toxicity.
4. Does myo-inositol reduce androgen levels? Yes, myo-inositol reduces androgen levels and improves irregular menstrual periods. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
1. Is it safe to use Vitamin D3 during pregnancy? If the benefits outweigh the potential risks, vitamin D3 can be used in pregnancy. Before taking the drug, you must consult your doctor.
2. Is it safe to drive while on vitamin D3 medication? If you experience dizziness, or headache as the side effect of the drug, it may not be safe to drive. So, check how you react to the drug before driving.
3. Can I stop taking the drug immediately or do I need to taper it? Certain medications require tapering of the dose or frequency and may cause rebound effects if stopped immediately. You must seek the medical advice before stopping the medication.
4. Can cholecalciferol be used for the treatment of osteoporosis and rickets? Yes. Cholecalciferol is considered as best vitamin D3 supplement for treating the bone disorders such as osteoporosis and rickets. Do not use the drug without consulting your physician.
5. What are the signs and symptoms of overdose with cholecalciferol? The signs and symptoms of vitamin D3 overdose are weakness, metallic taste in your mouth, nausea, frequent urination, and vomiting. Seek medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.