Nozostat 1000 Mg Injection 1
Rosuvastatin is used for the treatment of high cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL), and triglycerides. Rosuvastatin is used to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, or other heart complications in the patients who are at an increased risk.
How does the drug work?
Rosuvastatin belongs to the class of lipid-lowering agents (statins). It works by inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase, the enzyme used in cholesterol synthesis. It enhances the catabolism of LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and thus lowers the blood lipid levels. Rosuvastatin medication also increases the levels of HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol).
What are the common side effect?
Rosuvastatin side effects include memory loss, confusion, joint pain, constipation, dizziness, depression, headache, cough, dry or a sore throat, runny nose, swollen glands in the neck, stomach pain, and insomnia.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I take rosuvastatin and antacid simultaneously? No. Do not take the antacids, such as magnesium, for at least two hours before and after taking rosuvastatin.
2. How should I take the drug? You must take the drug as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take smaller or larger amounts or for a longer period than recommended.
3. Can I use vitamin supplements or herbal products while taking rosuvastatin? You must discuss with your physician before taking any other medications while on rosuvastatin therapy.
4. Is rosuvastatin used for treatment of lowering blood cholesterol levels? Yes. Rosuvastatin inhibits the cholesterol synthesis, and thereby lowers the cholesterol levels in the blood.
5. What is the rosuvastatin dosage for cholesterol treatment? The usual dosage of rosuvastatin is 10 to 20 mg/day. However, you must take the dose as prescribed by the physician.