Oflason Syrup 30 Ml
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat upper and lower urinary tract infection, lower respiratory infection, stomach and intestinal infections. It is also used to for the prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax or plague.
How does the drug work?
Ofloxacin is a fluroquinolone antibiotic which is effective against both gram negative and gram-positive bacteria. It inhibits the formation of bacterial genetic material by affecting the synthesis of DNA Gyrase, an enzyme essential for replication of bacterial DNA. Therefore, ofloxacin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of ofloxacin are: vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, altered taste, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, pain, itching and burning sensation in the vagina, pain in urethra, and flatulence
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How should I use this medication? Ofloxacin should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ofloxacin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin? Yes. It is safe to take ofloxacin with paracetamol/ibuprofen as there are no drug interactions reported for these two drugs. However, consult your physician before use.
4. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections? Ofloxacin is an antibiotic and can be used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia.
5. Can I take Ofloxacin for viral infections such as cold or flu? No. Ofloxacin is not effective against viral diseases such as cold or flu.