Omez Insta Powder 20 Mg Sachet
Omez capsules are indicated for the treatment of persistent heartburn, gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), epigastric pain due to over secretion of stomach acid, and other diseases caused by excessive stomach acid. It is also used to treat erosive esophagitis (damage of the esophagus due to excessive stomach acid).
How does the drug work?
Omez consists of drug omeprazole, which belongs to the class of medications called proton pump inhibitors. Omeprazole acts by blocking the activity of the proton pumps (present in the stomach wall that produces acid) thereby reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Omez capsule are nausea and vomiting, rash resembling acne, itching, swelling, increase in the liver enzymes, constipation, flatulence, headache, muscle cramp, tingling sensation, and sensation of whirling and loss of balance.
Important Info Drug Omez should be taken on an empty stomach that is, an hour before taking food Do not chew or crush or damage the Omez tablets. Omeprazole tablets are coated with an enteric coating which stops the medicine from being broken down by the acid in your stomach. Patients using Omeprazole long-term are advised to take a calcium and vitamin D supplement daily to prevent bone loss. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. Do not self-medicate. Consult the doctor to start or continue the omeprazole tablets. Avoid Omez tablets in case of allergy to omeprazole or any of the other ingredients of the medicine or other proton pump inhibitor medicines (pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, esomeprazole). Avoid Omez during pregnancy or breastfeeding, as it is unsafe and may harm the baby. Patients with liver or kidney impairment are contraindicated to use Omez. Consult the doctor for dose adjustment or advice for alternate medicine.
1. What are the long-term effects of the drug omeprazole? Long-term use of omeprazole caUSES bone loss thereby increasing the risk of wrists, hips, or spine fracture.
2. I am allergic to ranitidine, is it safe to take omeprazole? Yes. Ranitidine and omeprazole belong to the different class of drugs, although both are used to treat symptoms and conditions related to acidity.
3. Is it safe to take both levothyroxine and omeprazole on an empty stomach? Yes. You can take levothyroxine and omeprazole together on an empty stomach.
4. The doctor prescribed Omez for my spouse to treat heart burn symptoms. Can I take the same medicine when I experience same symptoms? No. Do not self-medicate. Consult your doctor before starting or continuing the drug omeprazole.
5. I am on antibiotic medication and experiencing heartburn symptoms. Is it safe to take Omez tablet along with the antibiotics? No. Omeprazole drug may interact with some antibiotics such as amoxicillin and clarithromycin. Consult your doctor before taking Omez.