Omtec 20 Mg Capsule 10
Omeprazole is indicated for the treatment of persistent heartburn, gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), epigastric pain due to over secretion of stomach acid, and other diseases caused by excessive stomach acid. It is also used to treat erosive esophagitis (damage of the esophagus due to excessive stomach acid).
How does the drug work?
Omeprazole consists of drug omeprazole, which belongs to the class of medications called proton pump inhibitors. Omeprazole acts by blocking the activity of the proton pumps (present in the stomach wall that produces acid) thereby reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Omez capsule are nausea and vomiting, rash resembling acne, itching, swelling, increase in the liver enzymes, constipation, flatulence, headache, muscle cramp, tingling sensation, and sensation of whirling and loss of balance.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What are the long-term effects of the drug omeprazole? Long-term use of omeprazole causes bone loss thereby increasing the risk of wrists, hips, or spine fracture.
2. I am allergic to ranitidine, is it safe to take omeprazole? Yes. Ranitidine and omeprazole belong to the different class of drugs, although both are used to treat symptoms and conditions related to acidity.
3. Is it safe to take both levothyroxine and omeprazole on an empty stomach? Yes. You can take levothyroxine and omeprazole together on an empty stomach.
4. The doctor prescribed Omez for my spouse to treat heart burn symptoms. Can I take the same medicine when I experience same symptoms? No. Do not self-medicate. Consult your doctor before starting or continuing the drug omeprazole.
5. I am on antibiotic medication and experiencing heartburn symptoms. Is it safe to take Omez tablet along with the antibiotics? No. Omeprazole drug may interact with some antibiotics such as amoxicillin and clarithromycin. Consult your doctor before taking Omez.