Onabet 2 % Lotion 15 Ml
Sertaconazole is used to treat athlete’s foot (a fungal infection that occurs between the toes).
Mode of drug action:
Sertaconazole belongs to the imidazole group of antifungal agent. Sertaconazole inhibits the conversion of lanosterol into ergosterol. Ergosterol is an essential enzyme useful for the synthesis of the fungal cell wall. Inhibition of ergosterol facilitates cellular permeability resulting in the leakage of cellular contents of the fungal cell causing the death of the cell. sertaconazole also inhibits transformations of yeast to mycelial forms and inhibits phospholipids or triglyceride biosynthesis.
What are the common side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects of sertaconazole are skin tenderness, oozing, burning sensation, and blister formation at the applied site. The other side effects of sertaconazole include dry skin, scaling, itching, flushing, and redness of the skin.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use:
• Individuals allergic to Onabet or its ingredients should not use the drug.
• Avoid Onabet medicine to get in contact with eyes, nose, vagina, and other sensitive parts of the body.
• Onabet is used with caution in elderly, as they are sensitive to the side effects of the drug.
• Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should use Onabet after consulting the doctor.
• Wash your hands thoroughly before and after the usage of Onabet drug.
What else should I know?
1. Can I use Sertaconazole for ringworm infection? Yes, Sertaconazole is used for ringworm infections.
2. What are the special dietary instructions I need to follow? Continue the normal diet unless specified by the doctor.
3. What are the storage conditions of sertaconazole? Keep the medication in a tight container and store at the room temperature. Avoid exposure to excess heat and moisture.
4. Is Sertaconazole safe for children? Yes, Sertaconazole can be used in children. However, seek necessary medical advice before using the drug.
5. Is sertaconazole available as over-the-counter drug? No, sertaconazole is a prescription drug.