Oncotaxel 100 Mg Injection 17 Ml
Paclitaxel is used to treat symptoms of breast cancer. It is used along with carboplatin to treat lung cancer. For the treatment of pancreatic cancer, paclitaxel is used along with gemcitabine.
How does the drug work?
Paclitaxel belongs to the class called antimicrotubule agents. Paclitaxel interferes with microtubule growth. It binds to beta subunit of tubulin which is a building block of the microtubule. The cancer cells rely on the microtubules for its division. Thus, paclitaxel induces programmed cell death by stopping or slowing cancer cells from growth,
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of paclitaxel are diarrhea, abdominal pain, hair loss, muscle pain, joint pain, skin of redness and swelling, sore mouth, dry mouth, vomiting, and weakness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does paclitaxel increases tongue sores? Yes. Paclitaxel may increase the severity of tongue sores.
2. I am on azole antifungals. Can I take paclitaxel along with it? No, antifungals and paclitaxel may have drug-drug interactions when taken together.
3. What are the drugs I should avoid while taking paclitaxel? Patients should not take carbamazepine, efavirenz, nevirapine, phenytoin, or rifampin as they may decrease the effectiveness of paclitaxel.
4. Does paclitaxel cause vision problems? Yes, prolonged use of paclitaxel may cause vision changes in the patients. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience such symptoms.
5. Does paclitaxel reduce immunity? Yes. Paclitaxel may decrease immunity and lower the ability to fight infection.