Ondiron Tablet 10
Ondansetron is an anti-emetic used to treat nausea and vomiting, prevent chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting, and to treat and prevent post-operative nausea and vomiting.
How does the drug work?
Ondansetron is a 5HT3 antagonist. It works by blocking the 5HT3 receptors present in the brain and gastrointestinal tract that may cause nausea and vomiting. Thus, it inhibits the stimulation of vomiting centers in the brain and prevents nausea and vomiting.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Ondansetron include headache, flushing or sensation of warmth, constipation, dizziness, vision problems, low blood pressure, unusual body movements, irregular heartbeats, and hiccups.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What are the symptoms of ondansetron overdosage? The symptoms of an overdose of ondansetron include severe constipation, fainting, lightheadedness, and sudden vision loss. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
2. Can I use ondansetron for vomiting that occurs during pregnancy? Safe use of ondansetron is not yet established during pregnancy. Therefore, seek medical advice before taking the drug.
3. Can I use tramadol with ondansetron? No. Use of tramadol with ondansetron may increase the risk of side effects. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
4. What is the ondansetron dosage to treat nausea and vomiting? Usually, the dose of ondansetron for treating nausea and vomiting may range from 4 mg to 16 mg per day. Seek medical advice before taking the drug to prevent the complications.
5. Can ondansetron cause drowsiness? One of the common side effects of ondansetron is drowsiness. Therefore, you must avoid certain activities while taking the drug.