Orvas 10 Mg Tablet 10
Atorvastatin uses include regulation of the fat levels in the body when the diet and lifestyle changes are not effective. It lowers the cholesterol levels and is useful for patients with a high risk of heart diseases.
How does the drug work?
Atorvastatin acts by inhibiting an enzyme called HMG-CoA reductase which is involved in the synthesis of cholesterol in the liver. It also increases the breakdown of the cholesterol by enhancing its uptake by the liver cells.
What are the common side effect?
The most commonly experienced atorvastatin side effects are diarrhea, nausea, indigestion, pain in the extremities, urinary tract infections, inflammation of the nasal passages, pain in the throat, nose bleed, joint pain, muscle pain and back pain, liver function abnormalities, and sleep disorders. The atorvastatin side effects, depression, pancreatitis, anaphylactic reactions, fatigue, etc. may occur at a lower frequency.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is breast enlargement in men a side effect of atorvastatin? Breast enlargement in men also called, gynecomastia is a very rare side effect of atorvastatin.
2. Can I use atorvastatin for coronary heart disease prevention? Atorvastatin is a treatment to lower bad cholesterol. Therefore, you can use this medicine for heart disease prevention only with a doctor’s advice.
3. Can atorvastatin reduce my risk of heart attack? Yes. Atorvastatin is routinely prescribed as a part of treatment to reduce heart attack risk.
4. What is the initial atorvastatin dose for children aged above 10 years? The starting dose of atorvastatin for children above 10 years is usually 10 mg, once daily. However, the dosage of the drug depends on the severity of the condition which is decided by the physician.
5. What is the maximum dose in the safe use of atorvastatin in children? The maximum safe dose of atorvastatin used for children is usually 20 mg per day.