Oxrate 300 Mg Tablet 10
Oxcarbazepine is used for the treatment of epilepsy.
How does the drug work?
Oxcarbazepine is an anticonvulsant. It works to control the epileptic attack. Oxcarbazepine suppresses the hyperactivity of the neurons in the brain.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Oxcarbazepine include tremors, blurred vision, impaired coordination, heartburn, dry mouth, slurred speech, weight gain, and abnormal eye movements.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Which laboratory tests should I perform while using Oxcarbazepine medicine? Perform regular monitoring of electrolytes, there may be an increase of sodium levels in the blood.
2. Can I drive after taking Oxcarbazepine tablet? Oxcarbazepine may cause dizziness so avoid the activities that need mental alertness.
3. Can I take amitriptyline while using Oxcarbazepine? Concomitant use of amitriptyline with Oxcarbazepine can increase the risk of Oxcarbazepine side effects.
4. Does Oxcarbazepine cause any changes in the skin? Yes. Oxcarbazepine may cause acne as a side effect.
5. Can I take Oxcarbazepine with food? Yes, Oxcarbazepine can be taken with or without food, but maintain the regular dosing schedules.